Rowland Hall Staff
Meet the folks behind the scenes!
Ms. Carol L. Blackwell
Carol Blackwell joined Rowland Hall in 1996 as the Beginning School principal. She received a bachelor of arts in history from the University of Colorado, an elementary education credential with a specialization in early childhood education from the University of California at Berkeley, and a master of science in educational studies from the University of Utah. Carol has taught at the preschool, early elementary, and college levels. Prior to joining our school community, Carol was active in children’s advocacy initiatives at both the state and federal level and served as the director of the Utah State Office of Child Care. Carol’s two adult sons are both graduates of Rowland Hall.
Read more about Carol Blackwell in Fine Print, the magazine of Rowland Hall:
- Positive Self-Identity and Cultural Curiosity Curriculum Start in the Beginning School (February 2017)
- Many Small Hands Make Light Work (June 2016)
- A Beautiful Life in the Beginning School (February 2016)
- Early Childhood Math Proficiency Yields Surprising Results (November 2015)
- Engineering Preschool Learning (December 2014)